Hemp protein powder is a high-quality, plant-based protein, rich in all the nutritional goodness you could possibly want.
Because of its many benefits and exceptional nutritional composition, hemp has seen a massive rise in popularity in recent years, with its dietary benefits taking the crown from contemporary animal-based proteins or alternative plant-based protein powder options.
Let’s take a quick look at the nutritional breakdown and the benefits you can receive when using hemp protein powder to boost your daily protein intake.
Nutritional Breakdown of Hemp Protein Powder
- Protein – Hemp protein powder contains complete plant-based protein that improves muscle mass. Typically, one serving of powder will contain 11-15grams of high-quality protein.
- Fibre – As a plant-based protein, hemp powder provides ample fibre, essential for reducing hunger and improving digestive and immune health. One serving of hemp protein powder contains between 5-8g of fibre.
- Healthy fats – The hemp seeds in hemp protein powder contain the ideal ratio of unsaturated omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids, 3:1. One serving of hemp protein powder contains 2-3grams of these fatty acids, which are beneficial in helping to stabilize mood and maintain heart health.
- Vitamins & Minerals – Hemp protein powder is a rich source of micronutrients, including vitamins D, E, and B3, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, manganese, zinc and copper, all of which provide important health benefits.
- Antioxidants – Many of the vitamins and minerals in hemp protein powder, such as vitamin E and zinc, also act as antioxidants, compounds that fight oxidative damage, decreasing inflammation, immune function, and signs of ageing.
5 Benefits of Hemp Protein Powder
1. It’s totally vegan!
Hemp protein powder is completely plant-based. It is made from finely ground, pressed hemp seeds, making it vegan-friendly, and suitable for anyone looking for a high-quality, nutritious protein boost.
2. Complete protein
Unlike some other alternative plant-based proteins, hemp is considered a ‘complete protein.’ It contains all nine amino acids essential for optimal functioning, that need to be obtained via dietary means, as the body is unable to produce these itself.
3. Muscle building & recovery
As hemp is a complete protein, one of its major benefits is its ability to aid building muscle and promote recovery after exercise. For best results, take 5-7 tablespoons of hemp protein powder within two hours after your workout.
4. Increases feelings of fullness
It’s true! The fibre, protein, and healthy fats in hemp protein leaves you feeling fuller for longer. On top of this, by increasing satiety and reducing sugar cravings, hemp protein powder can also help to facilitate weight management.
5. Improves digestion & immunity
The micronutrients, macronutrients, and antioxidants in hemp protein powder boost both digestive and immune functioning. These systems work together to promote good gut bacteria, reduce oxidative stress and improve immune response. Your body will be in nutrient bliss.
Ways to Use Hemp Protein Powder
Hemp protein powder provides a nutritious, delicious, nutty-flavoured boost to your favourite foods while also increasing your protein intake. There are many ways to include hemp protein powder in your daily diet, but as a rule of thumb you can try to supplement it in to any recipe that calls for traditional protein powder.
Here are some easy ideas:
- Blend together a protein smoothie
- Slip hemp protein powder into your oats
- Swirl hemp protein powder through your yogurt
- Add hemp protein powder into non-bake granola bars
- Make hemp protein powder pancakes
- Or, make protein baked goods, like cookies and muffins
Give them a try and see which option works best for you to add a boost of hemp protein powder into your day!
Shop our Hemp Protein Powder.