Dukkah is a roasted spice and nut blend. Traditionally served with olive oil and fresh bread. This Hemp Seed Dukkah also goes perfect on top of avocado toast or stirred through your favourite hummus or dip.
- ½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup almonds
- 2 tbs of cumin seeds
- 2 tbs of sesame seeds
- 2 tbs of hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- In a large pan, combine the walnuts and almonds on cook on medium heat. Stir frequently for a few minutes until nuts are fragrant.
- Add the sesame seeds to the pan and continue cooking, stir often. Cook until the sesame seeds are golden.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and transfer the nut and seed mixture to a food processor.
- Add the hemp seeds, coriander seeds, cumin, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Blend in a food processor for a few seconds, or until the nuts have broken down.
- Transfer the dukkah to a bowl for serving, or store it in an air-tight jar for up to 2 weeks.